Thursday, June 11, 2009

three is our magic number

I don't post much about my non-sewing life on here, but yesterday was my third anniversary.  My husband and I are silly and love to do the traditional gifts, and the third year is a funny one: leather.  I got him a new belt and wallet, both things he wanted/needed.  He thought about getting a big leather purse for me, but-- and this is where crafting comes in to play-- knows that I like to carry bags I make myself.  That, and everything that he liked was crazy expensive.
(Mine's the second one from the right)  
Now, I know that a sterling silver key necklace might not look like it followed the traditional bent, but it does: Tiffany's wraps all of their baubles in a little suede pocket.  Two of the many reasons why I love my husband: he's incredibly clever and has gorgeous taste.  And a reason I love my anniversary, aside from the fact that it celebrates my marriage, is that it's six months away from my birthday (which is always lumped with Chanukkah/Xmas/New Years celebrations).  Celebrating and gift giving in June is really refreshing.
Fourth anniversary is traditionally fruit or flowers.  See more traditional and modern anniversary gifts by the year here.  


3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...so the gold ring I want for my anniversary this year isn't exactly the same as the wood I'm supposed to be receiving... don't tell my husband!!

    Did you see this? http://dontcallmebecky.typepad.com/rebekah/2009/06/triangle-quilt-top.html
    I thought you would like the backing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift! Enjoy your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Love your gift. That husband of yours, I think he's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete