Friday, June 12, 2009

flowers and butterflies

Really, if's hard not to feel loved when total strangers make you darling blocks like these.  Kat made me two blocks: 
AQB2 June Block 2 for Rachael by Ripping Out Seams.
I'm so excited to have some of that faux bois in my quilt top.  I think I need to buy a bolt of it.  Here's the other one she generously made me: 
AQB2 June Block 1 for Rachael by Ripping Out Seams.
I love them both!  And I got Mary's gorgeous block in the mail yesterday-- after seeing it in person, I can see she made that middle butterfly "float" by giving it a tiny ricrac border.  That was really clever.  Thanks, ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - great job, kat! I love the faux bois butterfly! And the zinnias on the bottom are perfect. Good job incorporating the ric rac... I will admit that you've stumped me there, Rachael!

    ReplyDelete