Tuesday, June 23, 2009

more AQB2 blocks

Look at this, two more blocks made just for me by Dancydoodle:I see some Full Moon Forest in there, and I like what I see! Very excited about getting these, too. Do you see the bit of ricrac in the second block, acting like a flower stem? So, so cute.
I have my 100th post coming up, which will probably be sometime next week. And what's a 100th post without a giveaway? More on that later.
I'll be gone for a week to southern California for my stepbrother's wedding. I'm making him a quilt, but of course, it's not finished in time. I think I might make a mini quilt/potholder with a sort of IOU on it. Just to prove that I'm not a total bum regarding that, here's a picture of the top in progress:
Naturally, I ran out of that brown and aqua stripe with one more row to go. Figures, doesn't it?
I will say that I found more of the green and white Swiss dot at JoAnn's, so I was able to finish Shorty's block. Phew.

6 comments:

  1. cute blocks... are you using a pattern for the stepbro quilt? you're gonna have a blast coming out here - the weather is perfect right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I am so glad you liked them. I thought that flower just needed a ric-rac stem. :) Yippie.

    I love the quilt you are making for your step brother.. too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blocks look good, as does the quilt for your stepbrother! It doesn't happen often, but I hate it when I run out of a certain needed fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blocks and love the quilt top. Have a great time in CA! I'm jealous. I love it out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks and I LOVE that quilt top! Have fun in CA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love that quilt top! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I think I'm going to be loving that "unexpected gift" from my husband for a long time to come, haha...

    ReplyDelete