Sunday, November 29, 2009

George

I finished this one a while ago, but I gave it to the recipient as soon as it came out of the dryer, meaning I didn't get a picture (click on it to see the full quilt).
Here's one he took for me:
All scraps, and based on this quilt. I stippled it in white, and my favorite part of the quilt is a part you can barely see-- faux bois as binding! The back is red and aqua.
George is a dear friend of mine, who is dating another really good friend. He had a really rough autumn, and I tried to help in my small way.
All I need to add to the Liverpool are the button holes (which I have to do by hand-- gah), and I started another scrap quilt. Pictures of both soon!

3 comments:

  1. This is going in my quilting inspiration folder. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design! You are a better woman than I - I avoid half sq. tris like the plague... I'm dying to see your Liverpool!

    ReplyDelete