Sunday, June 14, 2009

Maggie

This is my finished product for the Old Red Barn Co. Quiltalong:The binding still needs to be attached to the back. It's a white Swiss dot on a celery background. Since it's going to a little girl, I decided to have some fun with the back:
There are a few puckers and that stripe of leftovers isn't quite straight-- but I'm going to let those things go. The back got a little skewed because I tried something new for the quilting: straight lines, about a quarter of an inch from each seam. I continued it across the vertical sections of the quilt, too, so the lines are only going horizontally. I used pale pink thread, which was a nice change as well. Here's a closeup of the quilting (click to enlarge):
Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. This was a really fast quilt and I appreciated not having to think too much. If I was going to do it again, I probably would've made it scrappier than just twelve different fabrics. This quilt, along with the Baby M, will be shipped to Nebraska. Luckily, Baby M isn't due until August, so I'm nicely ahead here.
Now, back to those blasted nine patches...

7 comments:

  1. You did a really beautiful job! I'm sure it will be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your choices of colors and prints in this quilt. The pieces on the back are a nice touch as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're fast! Love your quilt...so cute. I just finished my ORB quilt top last night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the quilt looks great. I started the quilt along but have had to put it on the back burner due to some other committments. Cannot wait to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look sreally really good!!! I love your colors and fabric choices!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your quilt! It looks great! :D

    ReplyDelete