Sunday, March 29, 2009

Patricia

Here's the coin quilt I'm making for Patricia, my aerobics friend:All I need to do is hand-stitch the binding to the back, wash it, and clip the loose threads. I stippled it this afternoon, which didn't take too long. Here's the back:It's half brown and half pink, with a pieced center strip.
I already had most of the 2.5 x 6" rectangles cut for a different (annoying and not going well) project. I decided to abandon that one, and put them to good use here. I think one of my favorite parts is using the sashing fabric for some of the coins-- it breaks it up nicely. I wouldn't call this a scrap quilt or a stash quilt-- I'd be more inclined to call it a fat quarter quilt, as that's where most of these fabrics came from. I'll take more pictures once it's bound and washed. I really hope Patricia likes it!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure she'll love it ... unless she has absolutely no taste whatsoever.
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quilt! I always wanted to try one of these "coin" quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the coins float on the white background. I am sure Patricia will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute coin quilt and your friend will be so happy. I love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this one a LOT!!

    ReplyDelete