Here it is, all washed and fresh from the dryer: I'm happily surprised with this one. At the last minute, I added the border print that I used in Max's quilt, and it framed it really well. I'm in love with those big orange polka dots. In true "nothing but scraps" fashion, here's the back:Half of it is the green polka dot (leftover Christmas clearance fabric) and the border print was $1 a yard from Hancock Fabrics. I thought it was just retro enough for my grandpa. Plus, there are ladies on it-- Grandpa loves the ladies. I quilted 3" wide stripes to make diamonds. With all of the seams, I didn't want to stipple. The binding is more polka dots. I wish I had some striped fabric instead, but I didn't have enough for the entire binding.
I'm pleased not only with how it came out, but also with how I didn't have to buy a single new thing for this entire quilt. I've made quilts involving numerous expensive trips to different quilt shops, and haven't had as much success as this. Yay!