Wednesday, April 1, 2009

good advice

You guys were right. The Lotus should go into a quilt. While I really don't need another new project (I'm pretty behind on the Geese in the Forest BOMs...) I just couldn't resist:Here's one of the many 25-patch blocks I've been making. The other fabric is tiny orange polka dots on white. This was originally going to be a sort of Irish Chain quilt, but then I realized that I made these with only two fabrics instead of three. I didn't like how it looked next to the other typical Irish Chain blocks, so I quickly changed gears. I'll do something cute for the alternating blocks, probably some sort of squares within squares.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! That randomly placing the small squares makes it look soooooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you decided to use it in a quilt. This is going to be a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete