Saturday, February 28, 2009

PTQB-- March

For the Pieced Together Quilting Bee, this is the fabric that Stephanie sent me. I took the pictures at night, and if you know me in real life, then you know that my vision is absolutely horrible (that's my apology for the bad picture). These were some interesting fabric choices-- I know that everyone got an alphabet block-- which I ADORE and have no idea where Stephanie got them-- and are supposed to construct some sort of block around the letter.I made this block last night, but I don't want to post it until I know that Stephanie has received it. Plus, I'm still going back and forth on whether or not I'm brave enough to embroider that cute V.
I'm also in the process of making the quilt sandwich for my grandpa's quilt. I've decided to keep in the true scrappy style and pieced my batting and my backing. I've pieced my batting before, and while it's probably not my first choice, it's nearly impossible to tell after it's been quilted and washed. If you've never done it before, try it once. I'm thinking about quilting it in straight lines on the diagonal, to make diamonds. Stippling with all of those tiny pieces is making me tired, and it's gotten to be a little larger than I expected. I seem to have a problem of making long, skinny quilts. I added some of Max's "macho border" to make it a little more of a realistic size. Pictures soon, I hope!

Also--thank you guys so much for all the blog love! It's just so motivating and makes me want to continue to create and write about it. I hope I don't disappoint!

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog yesterady through the Lazy Gal quilting blog. I love your wokr! I live vicariously through the blogs I follow, I don't get as much sewing time as I want (need, hmmm) with homeschool and hosework. But, I am racking up quite a want to-do list from all the wonderful quilt blogs I read. Keep up the great work! Have blessed day!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I'm going to attempt the embroidery for Stephanie either...never done it, not sure this is the time to start! BTW - love your grandpa's quilt. ;)

    ReplyDelete