Monday, February 2, 2009

2 new projects

The start of February brought about two new projects that I'll be working on, craft-wise. The first is Twiddletails' Geese in the Forest BOM and the second is See Katie Sew's Pieced Together Quilting Bee. I'm very excited about both of them. I like feeling like I'm connected to other creators around the country (world?) doing roughly the same things at roughly the same time. But at the same time, it's all my own. I think that's partly why I create.

I got my fabric for February's block, which happens to be Katie's, today in the mail. So much fun in one little envelope: Denyse Schmidt's Flea Market Fancy, which is kind of a cult hit and hard to find these days, along with some solids and some other cute ones. I adore the brown and white polka dots! Katie wants a wonky log cabin-ish block, which is right up my ally. I won't post pictures of the finished block until I know she's receieved it, because I think it's more fun that way. I'm free to add fabrics from my stash, too, and the finished block will be 12.5" square. Here's a picture of the fabric sent to me:

I bought my fabric tonight for the Geese in the Forest. I'll post pictures after I make the first block!

No comments:

Post a Comment