Sunday, February 1, 2009

mystery fabric



My brother was kind enough to bring me back 3 yards of fabric from the UK. Besides my mother-in-law, this is the second time that anyone has ever chosen fabric for me, and I was really grateful, because these are not pieces that I would've chosen for myself. I was also happy because I had never seen these before. But that's where the mystery comes in: the selvage says "Kitty and the Muse" with a paw print after the word muse. I googled it, I etsy-ed it, I ebay-ed it, and I can't find any mention of this fabric anywhere. The selvage doesn't have the typical colour dots. I think it's 44-45 inches wide, so there's nothing out of the ordinary there. These are definitely 100% cotton, and the fabric is very high quality-- it feels as good as Free Spirit fabric (which, in my opinion, has the nicest hand). I don't think it's vintage. If anyone has ever seen this please drop me a line. In the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy it. The littlest yellow print would make a cute wrap skirt, wouldn't it?




No comments:

Post a Comment