Tuesday, March 3, 2009

PTQB-- March part deux

There are two different quilts going on for March for the Pieced Together Quilting Bee. I got my fabric from Sara and she wants a 1930s spiderweb block. She sent lots of fun fabric strips to make it scrappy. This should be fun-- not only do I not work with repro fabric very often, but I've never tried these before. Lots of fellow quilty bloggers say that they've gotten kind of addicted to these, and before even cutting into the fabric, I can see why-- these are great for those last tiny little bits and pieces that I can't bear to throw away.
An update on my grandpa's scrappy quilt: I finished the quilting, and have been sewing the binding by hand while I watch TV (one of my favorite ways to spend time on the couch, actually-- with my husband, two dogs, and a quilt to bind).
I also got the new triangle block for Geese in the Forest, so I have plenty of sewing to do. I really enjoy being in the middle of projects, so this is a happy place for me.
And, because I don't like a post without a picture, here's a picture of my newest baby, delivered to me on Friday.

2 comments:

  1. No, it's a Mercedes, but close enough-- I love that you can't tell the difference!

    ReplyDelete