Sunday, February 15, 2009

IKEA goodness

There isn't an IKEA within my state, but there are 4 in 3 nearby states. I was lucky enough to visit one this past weekend, and treated myself to 3 yards of fabric:












I love them all. IKEA fabric is wonderful, because it's canvas, or home-dec weight.. A handful of my favorite fabric designers have a couple of their quilting-weight cotton designs printed in the extra wide, heavier home-dec fabric. It's way more expensive then the average cotton, and inevitably, the designs chosen for this special treatment aren't always my favorites.
IKEA, meanwhile, has a pretty good selection of huge repeats that aren't available anywhere else. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with these. I could make some more purses, or throw pillows. The red and orange one seems to be a little lighter weight, and I'm kind of tempted to make a simple A-line skirt, if I can bring myself to cut into it.
Meanwhile, I am in the process of washing the Max quilt-- pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment