Sunday, March 15, 2009

yard sale wrap skirt

Here's my first completed project from "Weekend Sewing". OK, I'm counting it as completed, even though I haven't hand-sewn the hem. It's the yard sale wrap skirt, and it took much more fabric (2.5 yards) than I expected it to. Luckily, this time I didn't run out:It's modeled by Diana, which is the name of my mom's dress form (it had a sticker saying "Diana" on it, so that became her name). I seem to take all of my pictures at night, so I think that could be why my colours aren't the greatest. These are pale pink roses on a chocolate background. Once it's hemmed to mid-calf, I think it'll look cute with a cardigan or a white tee shirt.
As far as my "Weekend Sewing" shirt, I'm a little concerned that I won't be able to find more of the tree fabric. I went to a second JoAnn today and they were out. Either the shirt will be sleeveless, or I'll just have to wait until a new order comes in. The very nice sales lady said that Thursday is their shipment day.
For my next endeavor, I'll need your help. I bought some really crazy Alexander Henry fabric for another "Weekend Sewing" project-- the Trapeze Dress. (That's not me in the picture.) Now that I have it home, I'm unsure if it's going to turn into a mumu. Do you think I could make it into a cute sundress?

No comments:

Post a Comment