Sunday, March 8, 2009

quick spring skirt

Last summer, I was lucky to find about 1500 patterns on Craigslist for an absurdly low price. They are all in a pattern cabinet (included with the patterns) in my garage. After spending a weekend in 76 degree weather, I was really ready for spring. I pulled out a pretty basic skirt pattern (though it does have a slight cute slit on the side) and made myself a skirt. I love this Alexander Henry fabric and I think it'll look good with all sorts of tops for work. The one weird thing with Burda patterns is that there isn't a seam allowance included with the pattern-- I had to add in a 5/8" allowance. I'm not much of a dressmaker, and I'm glad this fabric has a little bit of a stretch, because it's a little on the tight side. But no matter, I still love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment