Thursday, March 5, 2009

new fabric

I get 12 fat quarters a month from the Fat Quarter Shop, all by Free Spirit. Here's what I got this month. It's Snow Flower, by Dena Designs.
I don't know much about this designer, but it's pretty cute. It'll take me a minute to warm up to the teal and pale purple. That's not a combination I'm used to, or one that I would necessarily choose. I need at least 12 fat quarters for Elizabeth's quilt-along, and I was thinking these might do the trick, but now I'm not so sure. Some of these might turn in to cute purses.
I'm spending 2 of my 4 March weekends out of town, which has unhappily cut into my sewing time. For the Geese in the Forest March block, I have to make 27 of these:

Plus, I'm making two of these quilts at once, so really, it's 54 (at least I get to switch colours, right?)
In other exciting mail news, I jumped on the tip and I should have 3 yards of Flea Market Fancy coming my way from Nevada. Super excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment