Wednesday, July 15, 2009

lots and lots of sewing

I feel like it's been forever since I posted, but I guess it was just on Saturday.   A big problem with the Park Ave. Sweat Shop is that the physical sweat shop space seems to be about 15-20 degrees warmer than the rest of the house, despite two big open windows.  With an iron and a very bright lamp over my machine, it gets to be a little unbearable.   Regardless, I've been doing a ton of sewing. I don't have any pictures today, but here's a little teaser:

1) I made an orange dress completely out of my stash.  I even managed to cut into some of my Lightning Bugs fabric.

2) I added a border of 2.5" squares around the Mr. and Mrs. D quilt, and will probably add a larger outside border on (at least?) two sides. Color suggestions encouraged and welcome!

3) I've made a half-square triangle quilt top out of the persimmon colorway of Deer Valley.  I'm not a very good HST maker (even after trimming off those little dogears!)  The other half of the squares are a pumpkin-colored Marcus solid. 

4) I took a stab at making a crayon roll for Rebecca's daughter who is turning two next month.  This was an easy and fun project that cost all of $0.25 for a new box of Crayola Crayons.  

Pictures to come soon, I promise.  My memory card can be read by my camera but not by the computer for whatever reason.  Off to buy a new one today!

4 comments:

  1. You need a nice big oscillating fan to help!

    Your projects sound great, and I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, must see pictures of new dress asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see a picture of you HST quilt. I'm about to start one and also thinking about using my Deer Valley.

    I'm a bit jealous to hear that you have a stash of Lightning Bugs.... I covet the little gnomes...

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been a busy girl! Can't wait to see your orange dress! I'm impressed that you were able to make it completely from your stash!

    ReplyDelete