Saturday, July 11, 2009

AQB2-- July

Anna sent out fabrics that coordinated with a fantastic vintage sheet she plans on using for the backing:She sent nice big pieces, and wanted a scrappy block. I used scissors instead of a rotary cutter which gave my pieces a satisfyingly almost-wonky-almost-straight look. I love the center of that Heather Bailey flower, and I'm curious who designed the pale pink fabric-- the birds and birdcages were fussy cut, and my very favorites for this block. I see lots of red and aqua quilts out there, and think I need to make one-- but with a healthy dose of ballet pink.

5 comments:

  1. Great combination of fabrics! And a good job piecing, and fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RACHAEL!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!
    so pretty!!!
    thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you are fast! I haven't even made it home to see if Anna's fabric arrived! Thanks for the Quiltology rec - we made it out there & I loved it. The owner is fantastic. She even has Flea Mkt Fancy barbells in pink on a bolt! About 5 yds left in case you're in the mood for a road trip. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete