Thursday, July 16, 2009

crayon roll

As I mentioned, my friend Rebecca has a daughter turning two in August. I don't know too many two-year-olds, but I remember seeing a lot of crayon rolls around the holidays here in Blogland. I looked at a few of them, and with my $0.25 box of Crayolas, went to work. Here's what I came up with:Rebecca carries a purse the size of a golfbag, so I know this will fit no problem. The surprise is how looooooong it is:That's a 24-box.
I tried my hardest to match all of the colours of crayons to scrap fabric, and I think I did an OK job. The red is some linen I had in my stash that is unfortunately not quilt-friendly, and the back is some of my favorite Alexander Henry. Amazingly, the crayons were the only thing purchased for this. I had fun arranging the crayons and finding little scraps. Each piece is about 2x6". I trimmed them down to about 2x5 after sewing all of the colours together.
I hope they both like it!

4 comments:

  1. You did great.
    Any 2 year old would be thrilled!!
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks great! I've made a lot of crayon rolls for my friends' kids but I've never taken the time to match the backgrounds with the crayon color. Great added touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can picture any young kid having a lot of fun matching the crayon colors to your wonderful colored scraps! great job! Pretty and functional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I think I would like to have one myself.

    ReplyDelete