Monday, August 10, 2009

escape to IKEA

I know I've spent a bit of time kvetching about the heat at the Park Ave. Sweat Shop, but really, yesterday I woke up and it was 88 degrees inside. At 8:00 AM.  So what do my husband and I decide to do?  Why, drive to IKEA for a fabric buying trip!  
These birds will be bedroom curtains:
CECILIA Fabric
And I think I'm going to make a pretty simple quilt out of these two fabrics for my bed: 
KAJSASTINA FabricKAJSASTINA Fabric
I also got a few yards of a kelly green fabric with huge white and yellow hearts on it on clearance-- I think it'll make cute yoga bags for the holidays this year.
I've also finished quilting the Carolyn quilt and have been working on the binding, and I've started an obligatory red and aqua zigzag quilt-- the kind without half-square triangles.  This could be the first quilt I've started in a long time without a recipient in mind.  I'd really like to have a "boy" quilt and a "girl" quilt made and ready to go at a moment's notice.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to ther finished products, especially the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great way to escape the heat. Beautiful finds!

    ReplyDelete