Tuesday, January 27, 2009

playing on a snow day

In addition to working at the sweat shop, I hold a fairly demanding full-time job, and am completely devoted to a four-day-a-week exercise class regime. Because of the snow, my exercise classes were canceled, giving me some time tonight to sew. Here's what I've been up to:This is from a jelly roll I bought in Iowa a long time ago, and cut into 2.5'' squares. Trying to start the new year off by finishing some old projects, I pulled it out and found it a little more inspiring. I'm not crazy about using all of one collection in a quilt-- I have a lot more fun picking out my own fabrics-- but this really does make it easy. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with all of the blocks. Half look like the picture above, and half are the reverse (a white square and a white outer border with a patterned center square). Looks like a baby quilt to me-- if only I could find another friend having a baby! Maybe I'll have someone in mind by the time I get further along.

No comments:

Post a Comment