Sunday, November 22, 2009

the liverpool

Ever since seeing this pattern on Amy Butler's website, I knew I wanted to make it.
I've never bought an AB pattern before, but have made some out of "In Stitches" and the free ones from the website. I broke down and bought it today, along with some fabric that was 50% off:It's Erin Michael's Mod Mum, from Uptown-- the same line that brought those gorgeous paint-by-number birds. I was pleased to score this fabric, especially on sale. I figure that if the pattern doesn't turn out, I can always tear it apart for a quilt. I haven't started cutting yet, but I'm pretty excited. I think I'm going to make the short dress with long sleeves. Pictures soon, I hope!

3 comments:

  1. ooh - I'm in love with that pattern as well! I hope it turns out well for you. I have purchased several and found them extremely thorough and well written. Be sure to check her site for errata though - you never know. I'm wondering if I can fudge the shirt dress in H.Ross's Weekend Sewing to come up with the same look?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pattern,keep us posted on how it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking at that pattern just yesterday! It's one of those patterns I day dream over when I pretend I can sew

    ReplyDelete